Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wood & Chrome...



Apologies for the lack of updates over the past week. It's been a busy one, with the holiday falling right in the middle of things. On top of work, Sarah and I have been moving into our new place up in North Portland. It's been quite a task getting our belongings moved across town. I'm having trouble sorting through all of my stuff.

We now have significantly more space to stretch out in. It's quite a relief to get out of studio apartments into a spacious two-bedroom flat. We've been combing Craigslist and the local thrift stores for furniture finds. There's a lot of space to fill, but we've settled on a design concept to guide us. Our motif is wood & chrome. Anything that doesn't vibe with this gets the boot. Just today I went to the William Temple House thrift store on NW Glisan and found three of these beautiful mid-century dining chairs for a total of $24. There are some amazing pieces out there for the price of a song.

A continuous source of inspiration is Apartment Therapy. It's a site that documents real folks' living spaces. There are some sublime ideas to be absorbed here. The site features apartment tours of peoples' homes. It's totally voyeuristic and inspirational at the same time. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm nerding out on having so much living space as a blank canvas.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.